Part of our internship program involves each intern writing a blog about a particular topic they’ve learned or discovered. For this one, Myles Chandler, a Master’s student in the Consumer Science and Consumer Behavior program at Purdue University, has tackled the blog:
6 Reasons Why You Should Buy a Bike from a Local Bike Shop:
- The staff are familiar with their bikes, and they will be able to help you the bike that will best serve your needs;
- Unlike large department stores, local bike shops can fix up your old bike;
- Local bike store staff can also teach you how to perform basic maintenance on your bike to increase the longevity of your bike;
- Local bike shops carry a larger array of brands, types of bikes, and sizes, but if they don’t, they will be order the bike that fits you;
- A proper bike shop is going to be able to make sure you are fitted properly to your bike; and
- Local shops, like Bicycle Garage Indy, offer plenty of great clinics where you can learn how to work on a bike, bike safety, and more.