Please email your resume in PDF format, a brief email explaining why you’re interested in working for Nine13sports and your favorite moment in time involving a bicycle to: email@example.com.
Applications sent to other email addresses, phone calls that are received, or any other creative inquiries will get you sent to the bottom of the application pile.
Nine13sports® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes health, wellness, and exercise for local youth between the ages of 5 and 18 through our Kids Riding Bikes® programs. We have created a unique initiative in which we have integrated the traditional bicycle with technology to provide a turnkey product for youth programs, schools, and other community organizations. In addition to individual betterment of health and fitness, our programs promote community, teamwork, and mutual respect for one another designed to foster a lasting impact.
For more information, visit www.nine13sports.org, Follow us on Twitter @Nine13sports, become a fan on Nine13sports on Facebook, or join our LinkedIn page.
Nine13sports is currently offering employment opportunities to expand our current staff members and grow school program school sites across Central Indiana.
Position will begin April/May 2019.
Field Team Member Responsibilities
- Work at school and youth program sites
- Work closely other Field Operations staff to engage and encourage students
- Operate the Nine13sports software
- Assist with set up and tear down at school sites
- Engage with corporate partners in a positive way
- Understand and assist with the unique marketing relationships of Nine13sports
- Participate in community events while positively promoting our brand outside of the school setting
- Collaborate with school faculty
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college or university
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Enjoy engaging with students of all ages
- Effective oral and written communication
- Familiarization with social media platforms
- Ability to work well on an individual and collaborative basis
- Task oriented and self-starting
- Attention to detail
- Passion for fitness and youth
- Ability to pass a background check
Salary and Compensation
- $34,000 annual salary
- 5 weeks paid vacation (2 weeks at holiday break, 1 week of spring break, 1 week of summer break at 4th of July, and 1 week of fall break)
- No healthcare benefits offered
- Company issued laptop
A Letter from our Founder Regarding Employment
Here are a list of promises that I am making now to my staff and we will incorporate into our ongoing management styles:
- Holidays- the beautiful thing about being on a school schedule is that we have a built in break around major holidays. Our corporate office is shut down for the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas, 1 week for spring break and 1 week for fall break. These are weeks where I don’t expect you to be in and I encourage you to travel with your family and enjoy the time to build memories.
- Internal Hiring- As we grow and place more positions in higher roles, I will first attempt to hire internally when possible. I want people who have worked on the ground and in the schools to be the ones that grow into manager and director positions.
- We All Roll Up Our Sleeves- the quickest way to get terminated from a position will be to act like your position puts you above a specific task. I expect all of my staff to roll up their sleeves and get dirty, even if it’s not in the job description. We’re all in this together and it takes a team mentality to be a real team.
- Practice Your Passion Time- I encourage every full time employee to take 8 hours a quarter of paid time to practice a passion outside of work. This will happen on your scheduled office day or on a day when we can sub your position with another staff member. I want you to volunteer for another organization, write, explore your creativity, get involved with city projects. All I ask is you keep me in the loop about your latest successes and stories.
- Shared Staff Project Time- I will always be on the lookout for unique projects that our whole staff can volunteer for and we can do as a team. I hope to have at least 1 of these days per quarter that will see us spend time with the other great causes of Indianapolis and other respective cities and collaborate through time and effort to support them.
- No Ties Required- I will never ask you to wear a tie. I will never ask you to not be you. I will never expect you to be anything besides your awesome self.
- My Door is Open, Always- The only time my office door is closed is when I’m in a meeting or on the phone. There will be limited walls and separation and I will always make time for you.
- I’ll Represent You- I will never speak on your behalf, but I’ll certainly live my professional and personal life based on these same merits.
- I’ll never speak on a professional panel or sit on a committee that does not have gender and racial diversity
- I’ll never quit fighting to making Indianapolis better, even when that means being vocal to fight for what is best for our city
- You aren’t an employee, you’re a teammate, if you act like a teammate, I’ll treat you like one
These are the promises I’m making now, and my expectation of my team is that if I’m not following these promises, I hope you’ll remind me of my words.
Now let’s build something awesome that changes the lives of the youth we serve.
Founder and CEO of Nine13sports