Nine13sports® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes health, wellness, and exercise for local youth with our Kids Riding Bikes®, Kids Building Bikes®, Kids Riding Bikes-STEM, and Explore Indy programs. We have created a unique initiative in which we have integrated the traditional bicycle with technology to provide a turnkey product for youth programs, schools, and other community organizations. In addition to a core focus of health and fitness, our programs promote community, teamwork, and mutual respect for one another designed to foster a lasting impact. For more information, visit www.nine13sports.org, Follow us on Twitter & Instagram @Nine13sports, become a fan on Nine13sports on Facebook, or join our LinkedIn page.
Nine13sports is currently offering an internship for the fall of 2019 that will be entirely dedicated to our ever-growing Kids Building Bikes program. This is a paid internship.
- Assist with our Kids Building Bikes program and instruct the kids on bicycle maintenance and repair jobs, including, but not limited to: identifying faults, damage and wear; carrying out minor repairs; assembling new bikes; fitting accessories; carrying out routine services and safety checks; cleaning, degreasing, and lubricating bicycle components; and other tasks of similar nature.
- Management of program sites, including student management, equipment arrangement and organization, in addition to teacher and site director engagement
- Engage with corporate, community, and school partners in a positive and stimulating way
- Facilitate the unique and progressive marketing and partnership relationships of Nine13sports
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Current student working towards a post secondary degree
- Basic competence of bicycle mechanics and parts
- Excellent organizational, social, and planning skills
- Excellent bicycle, mechanical, and technical skills
- Team player
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to work well on an individual and collaborative basis
- Attention to detail
- Passion for cycling and physical fitness
- Ability to pass a school background check
The fall internship for Nine13sports will commence on Monday, August 19th, 2019 and conclude on Friday, December 13th, 2019
- Office location is on the near west side of Indianapolis
- Internship hours will be 16-20 hours a week, 2-3 days a week; may not be the same everyday
- There will be a few weekend events
- Stipend paid upon completion of internship
Please send a resume and cover letter to Christopher Harris, Program Operations Director, at email@example.com with
“Fall 2019 Intern Application — Your Name” in the subject line.
NOTE: The deadline to submit your application for one of our Fall of 2019 internship positions is: Friday August 2nd, 2019