Nine13sports® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes health, wellness, and exercise for local youth with our Kids Riding Bikes®, Kids Building Bikes®, Kids Riding Bikes-STEM, and Explore Indy programs. We have created a unique initiative in which we have integrated the traditional bicycle with technology to provide a turnkey product for youth programs, schools, and other community organizations. In addition to a core focus of health and fitness, our programs promote community, teamwork, and mutual respect for one another designed to foster a lasting impact. For more information, visit www.nine13sports.org, Follow us on Twitter & Instagram @Nine13sports, become a fan on Nine13sports on Facebook, or join our LinkedIn page.
Nine13sports is currently offering internship opportunities to assist current staff members at community events, school sites, and summer programs across Central Indiana. This is a paid internship.
- Assist with our Kids Riding Bikes®, Kids Building Bikes®, Kids Riding Bikes-STEM, and Explore Indy programs
- Management of programming sites, including student management, data collection, equipment arrangement and organization, in addition to teacher and site director engagement
- Engage with corporate, community, and school partners in a positive and stimulating way
- Facilitate the unique and progressive marketing and partnership relationships of Nine13sports
- Participate in community events positively promoting our brand outside of the school setting and interacting with the public as a representative of Nine13sports
- Opportunity for large projects, including social media initiatives, promotional and marketing strategies, and projects suited to the students particular major or interest
- Contribute to Nine13sports website and social media content.
- Gain hands-on experience in multiple areas of meetings and events logistics. This includes both pre-event logistical planning and post-event follow ups
- Opportunity to apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Current student working towards a post secondary degree
- Excellent organizational, social, and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Team player
- Effective oral and written communication
- Online research skills
- Familiarization with blogging and social media platforms
- Ability to work well on an individual and collaborative basis
- Attention to detail
- Passion for cycling and physical fitness
- Ability to pass a school background check
The fall internship for Nine13sports will commence on Monday, August 19th, 2019 and conclude on Friday, December 13th, 2019
- Office location is on the near west side of Indianapolis
- Internship hours will be 16-20 hours a week, 2-3 days a week; may not be the same everyday
- There will be a few weekend events
- Stipend paid upon completion of internship
Please send a resume and cover letter to Christopher Harris, Program Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Fall 2019 Intern Application — Your Name” in the subject line.
NOTE: The deadline to submit your application for one of our Fall of 2019 internship positions is: Friday July 19th, 2019