2012 was great to Nine13sports and our staff. We had the chance to provide almost 8,000 youth interactions with 1,300+ unique students, see thousands of miles pedaled on our bicycles by students across Central Indiana and create an awesome program for a portion of Central Indiana youth to experience.
- We launched our programs fully at the tail-end of 2011 and experienced huge growth in 2012. We added premiere organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis and Indianapolis Public Schools to our list of ever-growing partners. We worked with students who had never rode a bicycle before and students who have the traits to excel at the art of the bicycle.
- We found our way as an organization, we found our calling and we found what we believe to be a better path towards our vision of youth health within the education culture.
- We developed a relationship with Bike Line and the Revard brothers that own the store, we gained valuable supporters with IPS teachers Terry Smalls and Ted Scheck.
- We grew our volunteer base with Larra Overton joining our efforts, students at Butler University giving their time and Lauren Hanley stepping up as a vital part of our volunteer programming needs.
- We learned that a solid program with a foundation of data and education is well received in the community, even if it is different.
- We rolled out a totally unique fundraising effort and continue to see success as we work towards that $250,000 goal. We learned that triumph can come out of tragedy with the Hanley Family Community Challenge that sparked our fundraising efforts.
- We learned of better ways to do certain things, and we learned that even when we have the best idea we can always find room for refinement.
- We already knew that Indianapolis was a great community with great people, but we learned that we were correct on that and that our passion to make the community a better place was justified.
Most importantly—We learned that 2012 was the year that formally introduced Nine13sports to the world; and 2013 will be the year that signifies the best has yet to come for our organization. 2013 will be a good one—We hope you’re strapped in and ready to pedal with us!
Have a great holiday–thanks for everything in 2012 and let’s make 2013 one to remember.