We’re 45 days out from 2016 and when you factor in the holiday shutdown, we’ve got a lot to work on and close out before our office closes on December 18th and have been busy laying the road map for 2016.
Over the next few weeks we’re going to be focusing on the following agenda items:
- Officially announcing expansion in Central Indiana- while this might be the worst kept secret in the nonprofit world, we’re looking forward to getting the details out on how we’re expanding from 40 schools per year to 120 schools per year in 2016 and the framework that has been laid to help support that vision.
- Announcing new grant: we’re looking forward to announcing the largest foundation grant Nine13sports has ever received later this week and the role that grant will play in our expansion efforts.
- Launching expanded and new sponsors- we’re working at a feverish pace to get things buttoned up and prepared as we have several new partners joining us beginning in January and a number of our current corporate partners that have already renewed for 2016 operational support.
- New school districts- 2016 will see Nine13sports launch in more than a dozen brand new to us school districts as we continue to aggressively grow outside of Indianapolis and take our programs into the surrounding counties.
- Hiring new staff- Our current vision is to hire two new staff members before the end of the year and hire two additional staff members in May of 2016.
- Expanding intern program- We’re actually going to scale back our intern program for the spring semester, most likely only having one intern from January-May. At the same time, we’re expecting to launch our biggest intern class ever for summer programs, having 4 on our staff rotation from May-August.
- New branding and equipment- Nine13sports will begin to look a little different come January as we roll out a new fleet of bicycles, trainers, and technology carts to help streamline our programming and make it even easier to serve more youth. You’ll see more customized branding featuring our corporate partners and foundations supporters as we continue to strive to be a resource for their marketing and philanthropic visions.
- New vehicles- Nine13sports will be acquiring several new vehicles in the next few weeks, specifically going to the Sprinter delivery van platform. These are more fuel efficient, easier to navigate, and much more cost effective for day to day operations.
Many of these things have been in the works for much of the six months and we’re ready to pull back the curtain and show the world all of of the hard work our staff has put in and what Nine13sports will look like come 2016.
Thanks for standing with us as we continue to grow, I’m truly excited for what these next few weeks have in store for us!