January 29, 2016 – Nine13sports has received a $3,000 grant from the Yelp Foundation, having been nominated and supported by votes from community members in the Yelp Foundation Gives Local grant contest. Of many nonprofits considered for recognition, only three in the Central Indiana area were nominated to participate in the grant contest, which awarded $10,000 total to local nonprofits.
The Gives Local grant contest encouraged community members in 75 U.S. cities to vote for the organizations they wanted to support with grants and drew more than 160,000 votes. Each winning nonprofit aligns with an area of the Yelp Foundation’s mission to address the needs of local communities including: access to information, education, local economic development, and freedom of expression. The contest awarded $750,000 total in grants in January 2016.
“This grant will allow us to provide programs for schools and help us purchase equipment needed to better serve our students and program partners as we continue to grow,” said Nine13sports Executive Director, Tom Hanley. “Without support from great community assets like Yelp Indianapolis and the team that Brittany Smith has to help showcase the many great resources within this great city, Nine13sports and many other organizations wouldn’t be able to make the impact we strive for.”
- See the full list of grant winners on the Yelp Blog: http://officialblog.yelp.com/2016/01/750000-in-grants-go-to-nonprofits-through-yelp-foundation-gives-local-contest.html
- Learn more about the Yelp Foundation at org
- Learn more about Nine13sports at nine13sports.org
- Interviews are available with Tom Hanley on the impact of this grant on our organization.
- Questions about the Yelp Foundation and media requests can be directed to email@example.com.
- For questions about Nine13sports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nine13sports is a Central Indiana 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes health, wellness, and exercise for local youth between the ages of 8 and 18, using bicycling as the gateway. We have created a unique program in which we have integrated the traditional bicycle with technology to provide a turnkey product for youth programs, schools and other community organizations. In addition to individual betterment of health and fitness, our programs promote community, teamwork and mutual respect for one another. Our vision is to use the art and sport of bicycling to teach and positively influence our participants and leave a lasting impact. For additional information please visit www.nine13sports.org or email email@example.com.
# # #